On Dec. 8, the IU News and Media Team distributed the news release, “Research explains why some presents are great to give but not to receive,” about research by Elanor Williams, an assistant professor of marketing in the IU Kelley School of Business.
The release directly resulted in an article by the Washington Post, “There’s one big mistake everybody makes when giving a gift.
The article subsequently was distributed nationally and has been picked up by newspapers. They include the Middletown Times Herald-Record in Westchester, NY.
Other coverage included:
- Psychology Today, “The Biggest Mistake People Make in Choosing Gifts“
- Article at German news site Presstext
- MinnPost article, “How to avoid common gift-giving ‘errors‘”
- Business Insider, “How to give gifts people don’t hate, according to scientists“
- Fox 59 (with video), “IU professor studies ‘errors’ in gift gifting, offers advice to pick perfect gifts“
- Minneapolis TV station KARE (with video), “Avoid common holiday gift-giving ‘errors“
- New York magazine
- Reporters from Correio Braziliense in Brazil and Swedish National Radio requested the paper.
- Finanz Nachrichten (Germany)
- MadMoiZelle (France)
- Knowridge Science Report