On Dec. 4, 10 months after the Federal Communications Commission passed its net neutrality rules, the agency defended them in a federal court. The IU News and Media Team, working with Finn Partners, pitched Barbara Cherry, a professor in The Media School at Indiana University, extensively to national media.
She co-authored the research paper that was relied upon by the FCC in reaching its order. She was quoted in the articles:
- USA Today, “Net neutrality rules to be argued in court“
- Associated Press (CNBC), “Fight over net neutrality returns to appeals court“
- The Huffington Post, “U.S. Court will hear net neutrality challenge“
- NYSE Post, “Fight over net neutrality returns to appeals court“
- Yahoo! Tech, “Net neutrality rules protecting Netflix, You Tube face court hearing“
- Union-Bulletin (Walla Walla, Wash.), “Editorial: FCC’s Internet neutrality rules should stand“