Achieving new milestones in its strategic effort to be among the nation’s most internationally focused universities, Indiana University dramatically strengthened its engagement in two nations, India and Saudi Arabia, where the university’s ties are among its deepest in the world.
In the span of 72 hours, beginning Oct. 28, IU formalized a university-wide partnership in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, with King Saud University and dedicated its IU India Office, a home base for university activities across the country and the first established of its two global gateway facilities.
Here is a link to some of the media coverage of IU’s historic activities in the two countries:
- The Times of India: “Indiana in India”
- Education Times (Times of India weekly supplement): “Indiana in India”
- India Post: “Indiana University sets up India office” (scroll to page 7)
- Inside Indiana Business: “IU Boosts Efforts in Two Nations”
- Bloomington Herald-Times: “IU formalizes ties in Saudi Arabia, dedicates India office.”
- Hindustan Times event listing: “Safeguarding India’s Documentary and Cultural Heritage.” (scroll to page 4)
- India West: Indiana University Dedicates New India Office